Software Updates for TUXWIFIW and TUXWIFIS
Software Revision 4.4.32W
Upgrade Posted: 6/28/2013
Note: We recommend any dealers who have any TUXWIFIW or TUXWIFIS with software revisions 4.4.36.W or 4.4.38.W upgrade those units to this software revision 4.4.32.W.
Description of features included on this software release:
- Enables Honeywell Total Connect™ Remote Services on installed Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi units.
- Scenes can be activated by alarms, system events and zone status changes.
- Honeywell Total Connect scenes can be run manually.
- Lighting devices can be run for a specific period of time.
- Lighting scenes can be set according to sunrise and sunset, in addition to by time.
The following instructions show how to download the software from this site and how to update the software on your TUXWIFIW or TUXWIFIS keypads:
- Insert a blank SD card into your device drive so you can download the software onto the SD card.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button below and click on Save.
- Once saved, double click TUXWIFI_4.4.32W.exe. Extract files to your desktop, or to a directory of your choice. Once the files are extracted, copy them to the SD card, or extract all files from TUXWIFI_V04.4.32W.exe directly to the SD card. ALL THE BELOW FILES MUST APPEAR ON THE ROOT DIRECTORY OF THE SD CARD FOR THE UPDATE TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Take the SD card with the software downloaded and insert it into the slot on upper right side of the Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi Controller. You will hear a snap when the SD card is inserted correctly. (For help locating the SD card slot refer to the image below).
- Now take a paper clip and push in the reset button located on the lower right side of the keypad. (The Reset button is directly behind the “Message LED” on the right side of the plastic. For help locating the Reset button refer to the image below). The keypad can also be reset via the RESET icon on the system setup screen.
- Once a reset is initiated, the Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi will restart/reboot. Follow the on-screen instructions to update to the new software, which will take about one minute.
- A message on the screen will appear stating, “REMOVE THE SD CARD AND PRESS OK TO RESET KEYPAD.” When you press OK your keypad will restart.
- After the keypad restarts, set the ECP address and RIS automation address that was noted earlier. Scenes can be re-entered after the entire process is complete. Make sure the unit re-connects to the Wi-Fi network, and restart the keypad.
Note: This software revision (4.4.32.W) can’t be loaded onto TUXW or TUXS keypads as it is not compatible. Please go to the following link if you would like to upgrade the software on a TUXW or TUXS.
Note: This software revision (4.4.31.L) can be loaded onto TUXW and TUXS keypads with Rev 4.4.36.L or 4.4.38.L. DO NOT attempt to load this software onto a Tux with a rev LOWER than 4.4.31L such as 4.1.22R released in February of 2013 (T035), as this software is NOT COMPATIBLE with OLD version Tux keypads made before that date.
For dealers looking to activate Total Connect on their Tuxedo Touch please follow the following instructions:
Go to AlarmNet Direct and set-up or edit the account as usual with the addition of the following:
- Click on ADD TUXEDO AUTOMATION.
- Enter the Tuxedo MAC address and CRC number (after the update, the CRC number can be found on the System Information screen on Tuxedo Touch).
- Set-up the AlarmNet account for Tuxedo Automation
- After the AlarmNet account set-up is completed, reset the Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi by performing a reset as described in item 5 above.
- After the keypad resets and the home screen appears, go to the Z-Wave® device management screen to confirm that the blue Honeywell Total Connect (tc) logo appears in the row of icons at the bottom of the screen.
- If the “tc” logo appears, proceed to the next step. If the “tc” logo didn’t appear, re-download the update file and start the process from the beginning. It is likely the update file was corrupted in the download and extraction process.
- Reset the keypad again to synchronize the updated Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi unit with Honeywell Total Connect.
- Important final step – Logon to Honeywell Total Connect and perform a panel sync.
Note: The following files give more detail of the Tuxedo Touch features in software revision 4.4.32W and on how to set up Total Connect.
Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi Archived Software
Version 4.1.15W (posted: 2/11/2013)
Description of new features included on this software release:
Weather can be displayed throughout North and South America including CLAR.
(Previous weather feature only supported the US and Canada).
- Now supports Accuweather for US, Canada and some South America countries
- Supports iOS6 devices
- Supports internet time when it is operating in standalone with no security system